[dba-VS] LightSwitch

Gustav Brock gustav at cactus.dk
Thu Apr 20 02:18:05 CDT 2017

Hi all

It appears that VS2015 was the last version of Visual Studio to include LightSwitch:

    https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/lightswitch/2016/10/14/lightswitch-update/

Though it will be supported like VS2015 until 2020, it may be the time to look for alternatives.
Microsoft recommends PowerApps but, as you may know, this at the current state is not a programming tool but a drag-n-drop type environment living in the cloud (Azure) only.

So, browsing the numerous comments in the above link, I've located some potential alternatives:

DotVVM:
    https://www.dotvvm.com

Serene:
   https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/items?itemName=VolkanCeylan.SereneSerenityApplicationTemplate

I've never heard of these before. Anyone having experience with these?

/gustav