[dba-VS] Visual Studio - C# - Open Excel Template v Excel Resource File

Paul Hartland paul.hartland at googlemail.com
Fri Sep 8 13:44:00 CDT 2017

To all,

I know enough VB.net to get me by and I am about to attempt to teach myself
C#, we have a small yet critical application at work that I developed in
VB.net, basically takes a list of account numbers, grabs some data, opens
an Excel template, puts the data into the template, saves it and emails it
off....

Was just wondering if it is quicker, pros & cons about opening an Excel
template from a folder or if it is faster to embed the template in the
application and use that, I haven't really used embedded resource files
much, so any info greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for any help on this.

--
Paul Hartland