[AccessD] Office 10.0 Library vs. Office 9.0 Library

Bryan Carbonnell carbonnb at sympatico.ca
Tue Feb 4 10:48:00 CST 2003

On 4 Feb 2003 at 8:30, Rocky Smolin - Beach Access S wrote:

> In order to turn off the print button on the file menu I used the
> CommandBar object which required the Office Library.  I have Version
> 10.0.  My customer, however, has Version 9.0.  He doesn't have 10.0.
> I don't have 9.0.  So now in the update we have to uncheck the 10.0
> (missing) library, and check the 9.0 library. Awkward phone support at
> best.
>
> What's the best way around this?  Can I get 9.0?  Or can he get 10.0?
> Or what?  They're running Office 2000.  Pro, I believe.

Rocky,

You can try something like this:

Dim ref As Reference

For Each ref In Application.References
  'Is the reference Broken and Office's?
  If ref.IsBroken = True And ref.Name = "Office" Then
    'Yes, so remove it
    References.Remove ref
  End If
Next
'Add the reference for Office 9.0 from the GUID
Application.References.AddFromGuid "{2DF8D04C-5BFA-101B-
BDE5-00AA0044DE52}", 2, 1

This is all theory, since I don't have Office 10 (XP) to test on.

Bryan Carbonnell - carbonnb at sympatico.ca
There are two ways to write bug-free code; only the third way
works.