[AccessD] Pushing A2K Data to SQL2K - S-L-O-W!:

Stephen Hait shait at mindspring.com
Tue Feb 4 13:57:00 CST 2003

> I'm migrating/converting data from an Informix DB to a SQLServer2K
> app using A2K as the middleware.  The final append query selects
> records from a buffer table and inserts them into a SQL table
> through an ODBC connection.  The push of the largest table takes
> almost 5 HOURS! :-((((   The Windows Task Manager shows A2K and the
> specific DB 'toggling' between 'Running' and 'Not Responding', but
> the process does finish.

> Do I have to live with this lack of speed?  This is for a pilot
> which will be built from 'scratch' MANY times before it goes to
> production.

If you're transferring data from Informix to SQL2K, couldn't you
use the DTS tools in SQL2K to transform this directly from
Informix? Why do you need A2K involved in this?

Another way might be to export the data from Informix to a text
file that you could import into SQL2K with BCP. Is that an option?

Stephen