[AccessD] Opening form to display record or add new record

Kaup, Chester A kaupca at chevrontexaco.com
Thu Jun 5 08:50:16 CDT 2003

I have a form with 2 list boxes to select a month and a year. Once
selected another form opens and displays a record from a table based on
the month and year selected. This form gets its data from the table by
means of a query. This works fine if a record exists for the selected
month and year. If the month and year selected does not exist in the
table I just get a blank form. Tried this as a macro condition but does
not work

[Forms]![frm Select Date]![selected_date]>[tbl Last Date in
tbl_monthly_inputs]![Last Date]

How do I get the form to open to allow a new record to be added to the
underlying table. Thanks for the assistance.

No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However a large