Subject: Re: [AccessD] OT - Menu bar missing in MS Word

Henry Simpson hsimpson88 at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 4 12:48:00 CST 2003

Agree totally.  Word becomes horribly buggy with significant increases in
document complexity.  The furthest I go with Normal.dot is to change font
and margin defaults to match corporate guidelines.  Over 95% of staff
created documents are based on other purpose specific templates.  I would
never place any significant investment in Normal.dot but by all means make
backups if you do.  None, and I mean 0, of the people I work with are even
aware of the existence of this file and that serves to keep my job simple.
If anyone ever complains about loss of their normal template, we have 2
weeks of server backup from which to restore.  No complaints or restores
needed... yet.

Hen