[AccessD] Access XP and references in libraries

MartyConnelly martyconnelly at shaw.ca
Fri Mar 21 15:10:00 CST 2003

I am guessing (don't know how you are installing mda) but  there is a
difference in how Access 97 and 2000 (+ )resolves references.

 ACC97: How Access 97 Resolves Visual Basic for Applications References
(Q280465)
 ACC2000: How Access 2000 Resolves Visual Basic for Applications
References (Q248941)
 ACC2002: How Access 2002 Resolves Visual Basic for Applications
References (Q286300)
The latter two have an extra step for resolution and also look in
different directories.

Also MS has added in Office 2000  a method of adding an Office COM Addin
that will link to all office products at same time; maybe this is
causing the reference checking problem. Sort of  an
MDA for Word, Excel  and Access. At some point Access has to resolve for
these as well.

  HOWTO: Build an Office 2000 COM Add-In in Visual Basic Q238228
---------------------------------------

Have a look at  Tony Toew's site for his notes on using Addin's
especially if using MDE's
http://www.granite.ab.ca/access/addins.htm

Here is Dev Ashish's method for late binding a mapi session
where   mobjSession set to object

Public Sub MAPILogon()
On Error GoTo err_sMAPILogon
Const cERROR_USERCANCEL = -2147221229

    mstStatus = SysCmd(acSysCmdSetStatus, "Login....")
    Set mobjSession = CreateObject("MAPI.Session")
    mobjSession.Logon

exit_sMAPILogon:
    Exit Sub

err_sMAPILogon:
    mboolErr = True
    If Err = CdoE_LOGON_FAILED - mcERR_DECIMAL Then
        MsgBox "Logon Failed", vbCritical + vbOKOnly, "Error"
    ElseIf Err = cERROR_USERCANCEL Then
        MsgBox "Aborting since you pressed cancel.", _
                vbOKOnly + vbInformation, "Operatoin Cancelled!"
    Else
        MsgBox "Error number " & Err - mcERR_DECIMAL & " description. " _
                & Error$(Err)
    End If
    Resume exit_sMAPILogon
End Sub