[AccessD] Using blat

Software Design & Solutions Pty Ltd. SDSSoftware at Optusnet.com.au
Wed May 21 19:07:11 CDT 2003

Hi everybody.

As I am having a couple of issues with Outlook which I normally use for sending email from my mdb's, I want to try Blat which so many of you have recommended.

I am lost re: the installation and use of it.

I have read the readme which assumes a bit more knowledge than I have. I have copied blat.exe to c:\winnt\system32 and the next instruction is :

"Run "Blat -install yourhost.site.blah.blah youruserid at site.blah.blah" which I am battling with.

What is: 'yourhost', 'site', blah blah?
And how does this work with client installs?
(In today's case I want to send email through Outlook Express).

BTW, does anyone have a sample mdb whichuses Blat? Or does anyone have something else they can recommend?

TIA
Kath

Kath Pelletti
Software Design & Solutions Pty Ltd.