[AccessD] OT: Network over the phone lines

Frank Tanner III pctech at mybellybutton.com
Tue May 20 07:32:52 CDT 2003

Flinging it through the rafters isn't the hardest
part.  The hardest part is getting it down the inside
of the walls.  If you're just going to run it down the
outside of the wall, that's trivial.  Personally I
like things a bit neater and tidier than that.  Which
means running it down the inside of the wall to a
flush mounted jack.

Most modern houses have insulation in the walls, and
cross studs between the long studs in the walls.  This
means that you have to not only "dig" a channel
through the insulation you also have to drill a hole
through these cross studs.  This usually involves
cutting a hole in your wall to get to it.