[AccessD] OT: Windows Media Player path to music

John Colby jcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Sat Nov 1 11:51:00 CST 2003

No, the music directory was a shared directory on my computer.  I shared the
Music Directory, then mapped it to M: on all of my computers.  Thus the
"path", instead of M:\someArtist ended up being jcolby-ws\SomeArtist.  IOW,
Windows media player didn't use the mapped drive as the path but the
workstation.  No se por que.

Mary's computer has always been the player, it just used to get the music
off of my computer across the net.  Now it is getting it off her own
computer (I moved that drive to her computer).  I thought if I shared the
Music directory and mapped it to M: Media player would just work.  But
NOOOOOOoooooooo.  The music itself is no longer on jcolby-ws it's on
mcolby-ws.

Why in the world it would use the workstation name instead of the mapped
drive is beyond me but it is damned annoying!  It is remotely possible that
I told it to search using the network neighborhood path but that doesn't
seem like something I would do.  ;-)

John W. Colby
www.colbyconsulting.com