[AccessD] A2K: Hail all Data Grid Gurus

MartyConnelly martyconnelly at shaw.ca
Mon Oct 6 11:50:32 CDT 2003

I have only used  the hirearchical flexgrid control. but you should be
able to fill it via following code
To create a udl  file if you need it, open a blank file in notepad save
it as myudl.udl then double click in explorer.

  Dim cnNWind As New ADODB.Connection
   Dim rsOrders As New ADODB.Recordset

       Dim strConn As String
'set reference to ADO and/or change to OLEDB.4.00
       strConn = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.3.51;" & _
                 "Data Source=C:\Program Files\Microsoft
Office\Office\Samples\Northwind.mdb;"
       'If using an Access 2000 mdb use "Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0"

       cnNWind.CursorLocation = adUseClient
       cnNWind.Open strConn

       rsOrders.Open "SELECT OrderID, EmployeeID, OrderDate FROM Orders", _
                     cnNWind, adOpenStatic, adLockOptimistic, adCmdText
       'assumes name of control DataGrid1 set recordset to control

       Set DataGrid1.DataSource = rsOrders

End Sub