[AccessD] Project Official Start

Hadyn Morgan hadyn at dataconcepts.co.nz
Tue Sep 30 21:22:21 CDT 2003

When do you say a project has started?  I have a client that has said 'Yes'
to a project, but has not signed off the spec, or the quote, and now wants
to negotiate penalty clauses before they sign (if we don't deliver on time
to the proposed end date (11 weeks from start of project) they reduce total
payment by 8% for each full week we are late).  I have managed to get them
to exclude Acts of God etc, and have suggested that if they are to blame for
the delay we should be allowed to charge them for the extra time.

Any thoughts?

Kind regards
Hadyn

---