[AccessD] OT: Detect what Network I'm on

Erwin Craps Erwin.Craps at ithelps.be
Wed Sep 17 01:58:11 CDT 2003

What do you mean with local network name?

The workgroup, domain name?
Don't know that one, but I supose it's posible.

The network user name I can give you an api call for.
Hope this helps.

Private Declare Function apiGetUserName Lib "advapi32.dll" Alias _
    "GetUserNameA" (ByVal lpBuffer As String, nSize As Long) As Long

Function GetNetworkUserName() As Variant
    Dim lngLen As Long
    Dim lngX As Long
    Dim strUserName As String
    strUserName = String$(254, 0)
    lngLen = 255
    lngX = apiGetUserName(strUserName, lngLen)
    If lngX <> 0 Then
        GetNetworkUserName = Left$(strUserName, lngLen - 1)
    Else
        GetNetworkUserName = Null
    End If

End Function