[AccessD] OT - VBA Required / Already installed - Office/Developer 2000

Bryan Carbonnell carbonnb at sympatico.ca
Sat Dec 11 10:39:29 CST 2004

On 10 Dec 2004 at 14:14, Reuben Cummings wrote:

> I am trying to get another computer to burn installations from.  When
> creating the deployment package I notice that msado21.tlb shows up
> where it never did.
>
> And then when running a completed CD to test the install I get an
> error message stating "Cannot find the Source file
> 'D:\\charts\\@msado21.tlb' to Install"
>
> I have tried to repair Office and Developer (both 2000).  The problem
> occurs when I insert the Developer CD.  I get a messgae stating that
> Developer requires VBA 6.0 and that I must install Office or something
> else that contains VBA 6.0
>
> However, Office 2000 is installed.  I even tried removing it and
> re-installing it.  No Luck.

Can you post the exact error message. I run into this just about
every time I install MOD2K, but I can never remember the fix, and
it's an easy fix. Yu have to run a different exe on the MOD CD and
not the main installer. I have to search the MSKB all the time for
it. But it's not an obvious combination of terms that gets the right
KB article.

So if you post the full error message, I'll dig up the KB article for
you.

Bryan Carbonnell - carbonnb at sympatico.ca
If you're too open-minded, your brains will fall out.