[AccessD] FS object

Jürgen Welz jwelz at hotmail.com
Tue May 4 21:33:52 CDT 2004

I find the scripting runtime is not enabled in many environments.  Hence no
FSO.  VB(A) is incredibly fast in working with the file system.  File size,
date modified and file/folder names are immediately available from the Dir
function.  I ran a test comparing the API dir performance with VBA Dir and
the VBA was faster.  The api could retrieve file creation time and
additional attributes but at a cost of performance.  You can create
directories in less time than it takes to load the FSO.

I have never had to provide any file system functionality that wasn't
already built into VBA.  When the job calls for a scalpel there is no need
to get out a chain saw or a back hoe.  It's also like a comparison between a
public shared plastic spoon vs your own private silverware.

Ciao
Jürgen Welz
Edmonton, Alberta
jwelz at hotmail.com