[AccessD] Database design? PLEASE ADVISE

Charlotte Foust cfoust at infostatsystems.com
Thu May 27 10:18:41 CDT 2004

I'm going to buck the trend, Sander.  If you are relating tables ("link
to other tables for master-detail lines") then normalize because if you
have linked tables, your data isn't really flat and partial
normalization can get you in big trouble.  However, from your
description, the tables already sound lilke they're fairly normalized,
so perhaps we're talking at cross purposes.  The only way to further
normalize the data with be with links to an articles table unless the
prices are standardized, so what bits and pieces would you have?

Charlotte Foust