[AccessD] Accessing data in secured mdb from another secured mdbon a different workgroup

MarkH lists at theopg.com
Fri Nov 19 03:17:00 CST 2004

Hello Bryan... Thanks for the suggestion, not quite sure on a couple of
things though...

I assume that, from "me.BEPassword" the user enters their username and
password on screen?

I'm not sure how this gets passed the mdw security? The front-end that
is requesting the data belongs to a different mdw so even though I
passed the correct username and password I still get refused access
because the connection request is being made whilst joined to a
different mdw. I have tried specifying the mdw in the connection string
but either its not possible or I'm getting the format wrong :@(

Is it possible to specify a different mdw?

Thanks again

Mark