[AccessD] Is Array the best alternative or do I have options

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Tue Apr 19 19:28:35 CDT 2005

On 20 Apr 2005 at 9:24, connie.kamrowski at agric.nsw.go wrote:

> In my Application I must generate reports from parameters passed from the
> user. These parameters are start and end Authority Number. That is all
> working fine and the customer was happy, but as they are want to do they
> have decided they need a change. So now I need to pass these start and end
> numbers to a function and see if they have paid their fees and insurance
> before allowing the record to be printed. But I also need to present the
> user with a list of records that have not been printed because of non
> payment.

Why not base just your report on a query which includes the criteria

" WHERE tblDAuthorityRenewal.FeesPaid = -1 AND
tblDAuthorityrenewal.InsuranceSighted = -1"

then display a query for the user which shows the "not printed" records by
using the criteria:

" WHERE tblDAuthorityRenewal.FeesPaid <> -1 OR
tblDAuthorityrenewal.InsuranceSighted <> -1"

You can include in the query the fields FeesPaid and InsuranceSighted
(formatted "Yes/No") so that the user can see why each record was not
printed.

--
Stuart