[AccessD] Re: Is Array the best alternative or do I have options

connie.kamrowski at agric.nsw.gov.au connie.kamrowski at agric.nsw.gov.au
Tue Apr 19 19:32:24 CDT 2005

Of Course

Thanks Stuart. I hadn't thought of queries

Connie Kamrowski

Analyst/Programmer
Information Technology
NSW Department of Primary Industries
Orange

> In my Application I must generate reports from parameters passed from the
> user. These parameters are start and end Authority Number. That is all
> working fine and the customer was happy, but as they are want to do they
> have decided they need a change. So now I need to pass these start and
end
> numbers to a function and see if they have paid their fees and insurance
> before allowing the record to be printed. But I also need to present the
> user with a list of records that have not been printed because of non
> payment.

Why not base just your report on a query which includes the criteria

" WHERE tblDAuthorityRenewal.FeesPaid = -1 AND
tblDAuthorityrenewal.InsuranceSighted = -1"

then display a query for the user which shows the "not printed" records by
using the criteria:

" WHERE tblDAuthorityRenewal.FeesPaid <> -1 OR
tblDAuthorityrenewal.InsuranceSighted <> -1"

You can include in the query the fields FeesPaid and InsuranceSighted
(formatted "Yes/No") so that the user can see why each record was not
printed.

--
Stuart

confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient or received
it in error, please delete the message and notify sender. Views expressed
are those of the individual sender and are not necessarily the views of
their organisation.