[AccessD] Hiding the Access Window WAS: access xp runtime

DWUTKA at marlow.com DWUTKA at marlow.com
Fri Dec 23 18:56:44 CST 2005

http://www.marlow.com/HiddenAccess2k.zip

Same as before, but I added a ShapeForm routine.  You just feed it the name
of the shape you want (no, you can't just pick a shape, read on.... <grin>),
and then me.hWnd, it does the rest.  (Quick note on that, shaping a form can
leave extraneous stuff out there, so remove the border and record selectors,
otherwise they show up in your shape.

There is also an .exe in this zip.  It's a quick VB program I wrote
(definitely not crash proof, so pay attention).

Step One:  Click Picture --> Open Picture.  Select the picture you want the
'shape' of.
Step Two: Click Picture --> Analyze Picture.  This will give you colored
boxes down the left side of the form (the bigger the picture, and the more
colors, the longer it takes....if you go more then will display sorry, I'll
send the source if you want, this was a nitty gritty demo for William.)
Step Three: Click the colored boxes that have the colors that you want in
your shape.  (ie, if you have an american flag, on a black background, you
would click the red, white and blue boxes, each time, you will notice that
'color's shape' added to the bottom picture (in red).
Step Four: Click Picture --> Build Form Shape.  Crucial step, and may take a
few seconds, depends on how big the shape is.  It will give you a message
box when it's done.

When you have the shape built, you can either test it with the other
commands under the Picture menu, or save it to a database with the Save
Menu.  You will need tblFormShapes to be in the database you selected.

As for a technical aspect of what this does, here's the rundown.  The VB
program 'builds' a region, based on the color of the pixels.  It does this
by adding tiny regions together.  When it's done, it uses and API call to
get that region as a Byte Array.  When you save it to the database, it
stores a string version of that Byte Array into a memo field.  The ShapeForm
code, in the sample database then converts that memo field back into a byte
array, uses another API to recreate the region (which goes MUCH faster then
creating it from smaller regions) and sets that region to your form.

There is a second shape in that sample database.  If you want to see it,
change the ShapeFrom "For William", Me.hWnd in frmTwo's OnLoad event to
ShapeForm "Full Question Mark", Me.hWnd.

Merry Christmas William, you can send me a 12 pack of the beer of your
choice.... ;)

Drew