[AccessD] Question on Reference (DAO)

Charlotte Foust cfoust at infostatsystems.com
Wed Feb 9 13:27:36 CST 2005

It's really up to you.  In many cases, DAO is faster and when you're
dealing with Access UI objects, like forms, controls, etc., you pretty
much have to use DAO.  Later versions of ADO (and Access) handle ADO
better and make it a very practical method for handling data.

Just make sure that if you mix them or even if you don't, you get into
the habit of specifying the object model in your declarations, like Dim
rst As DAO.Recordset.  That will keep you out of trouble down the road.

Charlotte Foust