[AccessD] A2003:Calculating Percentages - and their currency values

MartyConnelly martyconnelly at shaw.ca
Sat Jan 15 11:58:45 CST 2005

Just straight forward algebra to work it out.
Total = Price + Price * GstRate
So
Divde both sides by Price
Total / Price = 1 + GstRate
Then transpose
Total / (1 + GstRate) = Price
So assuming 12.5 % GstRate
Price = Total / ( 1 + 12.5/100)

This can get a little more confusing in Canada where there is Provincial
and Federal Sales Tax
and some items have either  no provincial or no Federal Tax.

--
Marty Connelly
Victoria, B.C.