[AccessD] Save dll to folder

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Fri Jan 21 17:46:54 CST 2005

On 22 Jan 2005 at 9:14, Stuart McLachlan wrote:

> The OS will look for a DLL when needed in the following sequence:
>
> 1 The directory where the executable module for the current process is
> located.
> 2 The current directory.
> 3 The Windows system directory.
> 4 The Windows directory.
> 5 The directories listed in the PATH environment variable.

Should have also said,

If there is a Registry Entry in
 HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths
for your application, the OS will *first* search the directories listed in
the Path registry key for the application.

So you could pick whatever location you want and add it to the standard
"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App
Paths\MSACCESS.EXE"  Path subkey (which in my case currently just holds the
value "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\"

 --
Stuart