[AccessD] ms access 2003 query

MartyConnelly martyconnelly at shaw.ca
Thu Jun 16 15:19:37 CDT 2005

Ah you are trying to toggle the control wizards button on the toolbox
menu in form design view.
If anyone else is wondering why this is needed, we have a blind
programmer here.
An accomplishment with Access GUI.

Create a function in modules like this

Function toggleControlWizard()
Dim ctl As Variant
For Each ctl In CommandBars("Toolbox").Controls
'  Debug.Print ctl.Caption 'List all Caption Names
  If ctl.Caption = "Control &Wizards" Then
  'toggle the button on of off
  ctl.Execute
  End If
Next

Then create a special macro called "autokeys"
There is a catch 22 for you here you have to toggle macro names on
but you can set this to be automatically turned on for all Access via
this menu sequence
Tools --> Options --> View
There are two check boxes under this part of menu Show in Macro Design
Check off both.
Names Column
Conditions Column

Now open up a new Macro

under macro name put a control key sequence I chose CTRL - F12 as it is
not used much

^{F12}
under Action put
RunCode
under Action put
Beep
This will give you an auditory clue.

in function name
toggleControlWizard()
save the autokeys macro call it autokeys

Now in Forms Design
Pressing CTL + F12
will toggle Control Wizards On and Off
Pressing this key combinations elsewhere will generate an error

You may have login and out of the mdb to initialize autokeys, can't
remember.

There maybe another way to do this via code that I haven't puzzled out.
since it is mostly used by excel programmers.
using something like a statement of this variety using direct control of
the IDE or as it is called VBE

With Application.VBE.CommandBars("Menu Bar").Controls("Toolbox")
See these articles
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/vbe.htm
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/vbemenus.htm

--