[AccessD] Classes not recognized in mda

John W. Colby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Wed Jun 22 10:22:24 CDT 2005

Yes, you have to:

1) Export the classes to text files
2) Edit the text file to set two properties
3) Delete the original class in your lib.
4) Insert a new class
5) Insert the file into that class.
6) Save the new class.

The top of an exported class will look something like:

VERSION 1.0 CLASS
BEGIN
  MultiUse = -1  'True
END
Attribute VB_Name = "clsSysVars"
Attribute VB_GlobalNameSpace = False
Attribute VB_Creatable = False
Attribute VB_PredeclaredId = False
Attribute VB_Exposed = False
Option Compare Database
Option Explicit

You need to change it to look like:

Attribute VB_Name = "clsSysVars"
Attribute VB_GlobalNameSpace = False
Attribute VB_Creatable = True
Attribute VB_PredeclaredId = False
Attribute VB_Exposed = True

Notice all the stuff I got rid of, and also notice that I changed two
properties from False to True.

That should take care of you.

http://folding.stanford.edu/