[AccessD] Mappoint Control ?

Michael R Mattys mmattys at rochester.rr.com
Mon Jun 27 17:04:26 CDT 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Robert Gracie" <robert at servicexp.com>
To: "Access Developers discussion and problem solving"
<accessd at databaseadvisors.com>
Sent: Monday, June 27, 2005 5:56 PM
Subject: RE: [AccessD] Mappoint Control ?

> Michael,
>  MS says that you can't (or should not) use the Mappoint Control in VBA.
> Didn't want to walk down a dead end one way street, if you know what I
> mean.....
>
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/mappoin
> t2004/BIZAPIMapPointControl.asp
>
> So let me ask you, are their any "gotcha's" working with the control in
> VBA. Do you have access to the all the properties and methods in VBA?
>
> Thanks!!!

Robert,

You have access to everything that the MapPoint ActiveX
provides and there are no gotcha's that I have seen after
working with it daily for over 2 years.

Set up public boolean variables to turn on and off within the
Events because the app expects to complete it's own operations
in a timely fashion - you must not interfere with them - but that
is the same in any programming environment that you put it in.

----
Michael R. Mattys
Mattys MapLib for Microsoft MapPoint
http://www.mattysconsulting.com