[AccessD] Contralling a second mdb from the first mdb

Rocky Smolin - Beach Access Software bchacc at san.rr.com
Sat Mar 5 19:11:55 CST 2005

Marty:

So far the code is:

    DoCmd.RunSQL "DELETE from C:\Acessdat\Reports.tUDGlobalMerge"
    DoCmd.RunSQL "INSERT INTO tUDGlobalMerge " & _
                 "IN 'C:\ACESSDAT\Reports.mdb' " & _
                 "SELECT tUDGlobalMerge.* " & _
                 "FROM tUDGlobalMerge"

This code is run from a database named Forms.mdb
It deletes all the records in a table tUDGlobalMerge in the database named
Reports.

It then copies all the data from the table named tUDGlobalMerge in Forms.mdb
to the table tUDGlobalMerge in Reports.mdb.  Where it can then be run.

What client wants now is, from the database Forms.mdb, open Reports.mdb
hidden (so it doesn't show in the screen), print Report and close
Reports.mdb.

Can it be done with DoCmd.OpenReport specifying the report as the database
and report name in the reports collection?

TIA

Rocky Smolin
Beach Access Software
http://www.e-z-mrp.com