[AccessD] Trap for Error

Tony Septav iggy at nanaimo.ark.com
Mon Nov 14 13:11:49 CST 2005

Hey All
Thanks again. But I could not trap (and I don't think you can, using the
form control events) for the Paste from clipboard error " "The text is
too long to be edited".  So I trap for it on the on keydown event for
the text box.

ClipBoard_GetData() = Is a function (not mine) that will allow you to
get the text currently stored in the clipboard.

Hope this may be of use to others.

Dim msg As String

If Shift = 2 Then
    If KeyCode = 86 Then 'or vbKeyP
        If Len(ClipBoard_GetData()) + (Len(Me!DName.Text) -
Len(Me!DName.SelText)) > 125 Then
            DoCmd.Beep
            msg = "The text you are trying to paste creates an entry
that is too long " & Chr(13) & Chr(13)
            msg = msg & "Non - selected text - " & (Len(Me!DName.Text) -
Len(Me!DName.SelText)) & Chr(13)
            msg = msg & "Plus Text to Paste - " &
Len(ClipBoard_GetData()) & Chr(13)
            msg = msg & "Equals - " & Len(ClipBoard_GetData()) +
(Len(Me!DName.Text) - Len(Me!DName.SelText)) & " characters..." &
Chr(13) & Chr(13)
            MsgBox msg & "The maximum number of characters for this
entry  is 125.", 48, "MyChecker"
            Shift = 0
            KeyCode = 0
        End If