[AccessD] Array faster in DLL?

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Fri Oct 28 08:29:54 CDT 2005

Hi all

I have some routines that manipulate data in and between some arrays.
The arrays are not large but they are recalculated about 3 mio. times which runs on my machine to 90 seconds.

I was wondering if there would be any significant speed increase by moving these routines to a DLL. I have no experience in writing such libraries but guess I could find as the routines are uncomplicated. Variables are Long mostly, only one Single.
It would take me some time to program these, of course, and if the speed increase only could be expected to be, say, 30%, it wouldn't hardly be worth it.

Does anyone (Drew, Stuart?) have experience about what to expect?

/gustav