[AccessD] OT: Firewall

pctech at mybellybutton.com pctech at mybellybutton.com
Tue Oct 11 10:38:02 CDT 2005

Charlotte Foust <cfoust at infostatsystems.com> wrote on 10/11/2005,
04:29:40 PM:
> Frank,
>
> If you want to hang out in this list, don't take everything so
> seriously.  There is a lot of banter and horsing around, as well as
> serious discussion and help.  Nobody is judging you based on your
> domain, but you must admit it's an amusing one.  The mods of this list
> stamp out flames quite efficiently but you need to give as good as you
> get and in the same vein.  Trust me, the discussions sometimes get VERY
> intense, but there is no personal animosity involved.  Just don't expect
> anyone to take your advice as received truth, since developers as a
> group tend to have as many opinions as they have topics.
>
> Charlotte Foust

Actually, I have been on this list for about 4 or 5 years now.  I mostly
lurk.  Until a network/systems question comes up.  Then I add my
educated input.

I *DO* take it seriously when someone makes assumptions about me or
something I have said based on little or no information.  That is
exactly what John C and Rocky did.  Because I have a "humorous" mail
domain I must be an idiot.  And because my document is 100 pages with
screen shots it must be too difficult to understand.  80% of the pages
of my document have screen shots.  Of that 80% about 80% of those have
five or less lines of text.  Of the remaining 20% about 5% of those
have a second screen shot on the page.  In other words, without the
table of contents, cover pages, revision pages, and screen shots, my
document is less than 30 pages.  As a reference, your average stereo
assembly instructions are between 5 and 50 pages depending on the
complexity of the equipment involved.  Your average VCR manual is 60+
pages.  Yout average cell phone manual is also 60+ pages.

Judging people, and things, without having all of the facts is one of my
pet peeves.