[AccessD] Broken Reference

Charlotte Foust cfoust at infostatsystems.com
Mon Aug 7 10:52:10 CDT 2006

I'll tell you what we did to handle a similar situation with Redemption
and the CDO libraries:  We put all the direct calls to the redemption
dll into a code library compiled as an mde.  When the CDO library is
missing, the redemption library sinks the broken reference.  Our Access
code makes calls to the mde, which the regular application to go on
about its business without a broken reference, and we do a test for the
CDO library in our regular app and disable the email capabilities if
it's not present.  No calls to redemption, no broken reference errors.

Charlotte Foust