[AccessD] Broken Reference

MartyConnelly martyconnelly at shaw.ca
Mon Aug 7 11:53:58 CDT 2006

You are mixing Early and Late Binding methods
First remove the reference
Then just change your declarations to things like

Public BtApp As Object 'BarTender.Application
Public BtFormat As String 'BarTender.Format

If you are unsure of the type returned  try using  a variant
especially in the case of returned arrays.

or leave both types in and do a conditional compile around them

#Const DebugVersion = 0

#if DebugVersion = 1 then
    Dim wa as  BarTender.Application
    Set wa = new BarTender.Application
#else
    Dim wa as Object
    set wa = createobject ("BarTender.Application")
#endif
You'l have to set the flag to 1
    (#Const DebugVersion = 1)
and then add a reference to Bartender
for the debug intellisence to work..

Then to check if Bartender is actually installed  on the machine

  On Error Resume Next
Set objExcelapp = CreateObject("BarTender.Application")
If Err.Number Then
     MsgBox "Bartender not installed or not registered for Automation"
     Exit Sub
  End If
'reset error

--