[AccessD] Missing records

John Clark John.Clark at niagaracounty.com
Fri Feb 3 08:51:25 CST 2006

We got a call from a department that has a small Access 2K db.
"Something" has happened, and they are missing about a quarter of their
records. This was being investigated by a technician and I was just
asked the following question:

If a PC is "hard-booted" can an Access DB lose records w/out showing
signs of corruption (i.e. the db still runs)?"

I really don't know the answer to this question. I have had nearly no
experience w/db corruption, since starting with Access 5 years ago. I
used to use FoxPro...there are still some old FoxPro 2.6 (DOS) dbs
hanging around actually...and corruption was a huge problem w/them.

Anyone got any tips on this?

Thanks!

John W Clark