[AccessD] Same form, different actions

John Clark John.Clark at niagaracounty.com
Fri Feb 3 10:27:00 CST 2006

Thank you for this John. I always feel bad, if I don't understand
code...it is a respect thing with me. You, and many others on this list,
have helped me in so many ways, so many times, and it feels like I am
"stealing" when I don't take the time to learn, at least somewhat, what
you have done in your code. I suspect that many of you "higher-level"
members...the ones that help more than get helped...are doing this
because you have some "mentor gene." And, learning the code is my way to
show respect...and I don't want to keep asking the same questions.

I appreciate this and it WILL definitely help me. My employer is WAY
too cheap to allow me to pay for help...most of the time. They would
watch me splash around in the water for way too long, before throwing me
any lifesaver ;)

By the way, I would also like to take this time to thank Darren Dick to
helped me our recently. I didn't even realize how much he had helped at
first. Thank you Darren.

John W. Clark

>>> jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com 1/31/2006 9:08 AM >>>
Everyone,

I want to point out that the entire point of classes (objects) is that
you
can just use them, you don't have to understand them.  I know that
some
people want to learn how it works as well, but in the end, just start
using
it, THEN worry about digging in and seeing how it is programmed.

Everything you use in Access as an object, and we don't have a clue how
it
works inside.  Combos, text boxes, forms etc, all are objects that
have
methods and properties.  You just use them, but don't know, nor care
how it
all happens inside the object.

These classes I put out there, the SysVars classes, the openargs
classes,
the date picker class etc. all are things that you can just use
yourself,
even if you NEVER figure out how it works inside.

And I might add <shameless plug>, I am a consultant.  If you have a
project
that needs this level of expertise, you can hire me to do it.