[AccessD] Print various document types from Access

A.D.Tejpal adtp at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 9 22:29:34 CST 2006

    My sample db named PrintExternalFiles might be of interest to you. It is available at Rogers Access Library (other developers library). Link - http://www.rogersaccesslibrary.com

A.D.Tejpal
--------------

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: John Colby
  To: 'Access Developers discussion and problem solving'
  Sent: Monday, January 09, 2006 23:57
  Subject: [AccessD] Print various document types from Access

  My client currently opens a directory, selects a bunch of files, and from
  explorer's right click menu clicks "Print".  The files are sent directly to
  the printer.  In fact an instance of the object that "handles" the object
  opens and somehow causes it to send to the printer.  Is there any way to use
  that functionality from inside Access?

  Try it yourself.  Go to a directory, select a document (a word doc for
  instance), right click to get the context menu, click "Print" and watch
  closely, you will see Windows open Word, send the doc to the printer (the
  default printer for the machine) and then close Word again.  This works for
  Office apps, for Tiffs (with a registered viewer) and for PDF files (with
  the registered viewer) although it does not close the PDF viewer when
  finished for some reason.

  I need to know how to call whatever it is that the print menu item calls,
  passing in the pathed document name in order to print the object.  Has
  anyone done this?