[AccessD] New excel workbooks

Bryan Carbonnell carbonnb at sympatico.ca
Sat Jan 21 12:46:27 CST 2006

On 21 Jan 2006 at 13:40, John Colby wrote:

> This does assume a reference to Excel however.  I am attempting to make my
> code run with the reference (use early binding if available) or not (use
> late binding).  I am very meticulously using
>
> #Const EarlyBind = True
> #If EarlyBind Then
> Private mxlApp As excel.Application
> Private mxlBook As Workbook
> Private mxlSheet As Worksheet
> #Else
> Private mxlApp As Object
> Private mxlBook As Object
> Private mxlSheet As Object
> #End If
>
> Etc.
>
> dim wbkNew as Excel.Workbook
>
> Will fail when EarlyBind is false (no reference to the excel lib is
> available)

True the dim will fail with late binding, but you can still do the
variable assignment. (using your variables listed above)

dim wbkNew as Object
set wbkNew = mxlApp.Workbooks.Add

Bryan Carbonnell - carbonnb at sympatico.ca
Needing someone is like needing a parachute. If he isn't there the
first time, chances are you won't be needing him again.