[AccessD] CDOSYS

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Mon Jul 17 17:04:40 CDT 2006

On 17 Jul 2006 at 13:25, MartyConnelly wrote:

> One big problem is recent ISP security restrictions.
>  Some cable ISP's will not allow an IP from outside their
> domain to access a POP3 server,

I've seen this with SMTP, but never with POP3. Who is doing this?
What is the rationale for it?

> POP3 access wont work at all with DSL or dial-up connections.

Huh?  If that were true, most internet subscribers world wide would not
have access to their email!

> Some ISP's don't allow any connection at all.

I can see it know:

I'd like to sign up for an email account
OK, that'll be $10 per month, thanks

Here's my money, how do I connect to my mailbox?
Oh, you want a connection? That requires our Connection Account which is
$100 per month.  With our $10 account, you get an email address, but there
is no way to read the mail that is put in it.

<g>

--
Stuart