[AccessD] Reports - Conditional formatting question

Bruce Bruen bbruen at unwired.com.au
Sat Apr 7 08:01:07 CDT 2007

On Thursday 29 March 2007 11:05, Darren DICK wrote:
> Hi Bruce
>
> If the background is transparent then you can't apply a colour - well you
> can but it won't be seen
>
> So you need to test for your condition in code then you have to set the
> .background = 1 (Normal) as well and vice versa when turning it off -
> .background =0 if your condition is not met
>
> This is gonna fail in a continuous form by the way a it will apply the
> .background to all field in the continuous list
>
> Haven't tested it but hope this helps
>
> Gimme a yell and I will show you a cool way I handle marking records as
> "current" - or not using conditional formatting
>

> See ya
>
> DD
Hi Darren,

I finaly gave up and went with the four available conditional formats (see my
PEBCAK response.  It works, just... but it aint optimal.

I'll pre-empt your offer on the "current" idea as I'm trying to get around 5
or 6 or 7 or ...AAARRRGGHHH... 8 or ... "conditions" on a row, and find a way
of highlighting the anomalous items.  There are about ~7
different "confirmed" anomalies.

1) The service request has not been addressed at all. (conditionalformat
="Highlight")
2) The service request has not been addressed within <timeframe for SR's of
this level> (conditionalformat = "Extreme")
3) The request has been addressed and resolved. (conditionalformat ="Normal")
4) The request has been addressed, but not resolved. (conditionalformat
= "Highlight" - but would like a slightly different colour)
5) The request has been addressed, but not resolved and the resolution
timeframe has expired. (conditionalformat = "Extreme" but should be with an
oxy_torch_flame)
6) The SR has been (manually) escalated - but is still outstanding.
(conditionalformat ="Moderate" + "_zzzzzzzzzzzz" ((SEP)) )
7) The SR response requirement has been over-ridden [conditionalformat =
KILLER!  :-( ] ("colour=red,fontsize=172")
8) The SR response requirement has been over-ridden and is overdue
(conditionalformat = "colour=several_thousand_degrees_kelvin_ >_ red,
fontsize=2.326^23, ring bells, flash lights, phone_dad_for_a_lift_home,
light_blue_touch_paper_and_stand_clear")

There may be a couple of gazillion levels between each of the above, I've only
been able to ascertain this many.  "[$DEITY] help me to find the description
if there are any more above (8). :-)

bruce