[AccessD] Reports - Conditional formatting question

Dan Waters dwaters at usinternet.com
Sat Apr 7 10:46:44 CDT 2007

Hi Bruce,

This is another approach:

COLOR	     STATUS	      MEANING

Green      New Today    (received today)
           Unanswered   (but hasn't exceeded time limit)

Yellow     Over         (over response time limit)
	     Status 4

Orange     Status 5
           Status 6

Red        Status 7
           Status 8

You can set up four background colors, and then within the colors you can
use a text field and give a name for the status of that SR.  I put in three
examples above.

This could give people the ability to quickly discriminate among the 4
colors, but then know more when they read the Level field.  You get an
unlimited number of levels this way, or perhaps 2 levels for green, 4 levels
for yellow, etc.

Another approach could be:

COLOR1     COLOR2      (Meaning)

Green      White
Green	     Light Gray
Green	     Dark Gray
Green      Black

Yellow     White
Yellow     Light Gray
Yellow     Dark Gray
Yellow     Black

This would give an escalating gray scale within each of the 4 colors.  You
get 16 color combinations with this approach.

HTH!
Dan