[AccessD] Can't Alter Values in a Query with Subquery

Gary Kjos garykjos at gmail.com
Wed Feb 28 10:50:24 CST 2007

I would write the results of the non-updateable query out to a temp
file and then join that temp table to the table I want to update and
do my update. It's an extra step but for the largely one time stuff I
do it's not that bad. Keeps me from beating my head against it
insisting it SHOULD BE ABLE TO update in the other one. But if Access
says it's not updatable it's no use arguing with it. It's not
listening to my arguements to the contrary.

GK