[AccessD] Performance tips anyone?

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Thu Jul 5 00:45:53 CDT 2007

>And here's another thing I only found out about this week... the first time
a saved query is run after the database is compacted, will be slow, because
the query plan has to be re-created.

Ohhhh that is something to consider, I kinda knew this but never thought of
it in quite this light.  I build and then upload to a server.  The users
download the FE every day.  Thus the first time they open anything it will
be slow, every day.  Sigh.

John W. Colby
Colby Consulting