[AccessD] Word/Access question

MartyConnelly martyconnelly at shaw.ca
Thu May 31 19:36:05 CDT 2007

You might want to keep this one in mind as a solution Google Gears.

http://gears.google.com

It was only released this week, so it's bleeding edge ;)
Google announced yesterday a new developer tool called Google Gears
that will allow Google and third-party developers to take their Web
applications offline. No direct ODBC solution built yet. So no easy hook to
SQL Server or Access.

These are API's called from javascript
There are three core modules provided by Gears: a LocalServer for storing
and accessing application pages offline, a Database for storing and
accessing
application data on the user's computer, and a WorkerPool for performing
long-running tasks (such as the code that synchronizes data between
your server and users' computers).

The database is SQLite.  It's a flat-file relational database that is
gaining some popularity.  It's commonly toted as a good quick db for
Rails development, if you don't want to have MYSQL running on your
machine.
  http://code.google.com/apis/gears/

--
Marty Connelly