[AccessD] What problems converting A2K3 mdb to A2K7? - AHA!

Tina Norris Fields tinanfields at torchlake.com
Fri Sep 7 08:37:00 CDT 2007

Hi All,

Yesterday I went to see the database.  As we sat down the client said
that they had tried taking it over to a machine running A2K3 and it had
run perfectly, but on the machine using A2K7 the thing seemed to be
missing stuff.

Okay, launch the database.  The startup form has a search combo box and
command buttons to allow all kinds of things: add a new record of some
kind to the transaction table, edit the profile, stuff like that.
Clicking the buttons produced no response.  I looked up above the main
window, just under the ribbon, and there was a warning statement that
Access had disabled something it couldn't be sure was safe.  I clicked
the options button, which opened the security window, clicked the choice
to enable the disabled feature - I think it was macros.  Voila, the
database works as it was supposed to.

Apparently, the command buttons call macros and the macro feature was
disabled.  That's all that was wrong.  I was there three minutes.  She
thinks I'm a genius because, she said, five IT people had failed to
figure it out.  I find that a little hard to believe.  But, it certainly
made me feel good.

Tina