[AccessD] Access 2007

Steve Schapel miscellany at mvps.org
Thu Jan 10 04:02:23 CST 2008

John,

Regarding:
> ...  Throw in a ribbon bar that cannot be disabled

... and:
> I have not found a satisfactory solution that allows me to turn off the
> ribbon bars.

John, I have no idea where you got this impression, and I have not seen
this objection stated elsewhere.  However, the fact is that there is no
reason to have a Ribbon, either the default ones or your own custom
ones, on your application if your don't want to.  There are a number of
ways to control this.

If, on the other hand, you do eventually see some benenfit in this
interface, and build ribbons into your applications, the users can
easily collapse them when not actively using them, with a simple mouse
click or keyboard shortcut.

Regards
Steve