[AccessD] Two more issues on my Word document automation

Tina Norris Fields tinanfields at torchlake.com
Thu Jun 26 13:21:11 CDT 2008

Hi Andy,

The OnClick event procedure of the button btnMakeTableContribs is as
follows:
= = = = =
Private Sub btnMakeTableContribs_Click()
On Error GoTo Err_btnMakeTableContribs_Click

    Dim stDocName As String

    stDocName = "qryPrintListForContributionTypeOfMember_t"
    DoCmd.SetWarnings False
    DoCmd.OpenQuery stDocName, acNormal, acEdit
    DoCmd.SetWarnings True
    MsgBox "Done"

Exit_btnMakeTableContribs_Click:
    Exit Sub

Err_btnMakeTableContribs_Click:
    MsgBox Err.Description
    DoCmd.SetWarnings True
    Resume Exit_btnMakeTableContribs_Click

End Sub
= = = = =

As you see, it does use the DoCmd.OpenQuery.  What would be a better way
to do it?  Isn't there a 'no data' sort of property or result I could
use?  (Don't know what it's called.)

Teach me - I'm eager to learn!  Thanks,

Tina