[AccessD] VBA Unbound data entry / update form

Rocky Smolin at Beach Access Software rockysmolin at bchacc.com
Tue May 27 16:26:22 CDT 2008

John:

Won't dbPessimistic in the LockEdits parameter of the OpenRecordset do what
you need to have done with regard to multiple users attempting to edit the
same record?

dbSeeChanges may also bee what you need.  From the help:

Use the dbSeeChanges constant in a Microsoft Jet workspace if you want to
trap changes while two or more users are editing or deleting the same
record. For example, if two users start editing the same record, the first
user to execute the Update method succeeds. When the second user invokes the
Update method, a run-time error occurs. Similarly, if the second user tries
to use the Delete method to delete the record, and the first user has
already changed it, a run-time error occurs.

Typically, if the user gets this error while updating a record, your code
should refresh the contents of the fields and retrieve the newly modified
values. If the error occurs while deleting a record, your code could display
the new record data to the user and a message indicating that the data has
recently changed. At this point, your code can request a confirmation that
the user still wants to delete the record.

HTH

Rocky Smolin
Beach Access Software
858-259-4334