[AccessD] OT kinda: Order of criteria in SQL statement

Mark A Matte markamatte at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 21 09:15:54 CST 2008

Hello All,

Does the order/sequence you add your criteria (WHERE clause) in a SQL statement affect performance?  The query in question has a 'lookup' table that translates values from a certain field.  When I remove this table...the query no longer runs (times out...system has 10 minute governor).  This table join is right in the middle of the WHERE clause.  Removing this will not pull more rows, so unless the order matters...I can't understand what my issue is?

Thanks,

Mark A. Matte