[AccessD] A2003: Disk or Network Error

Drew Wutka DWUTKA at Marlow.com
Wed Oct 1 15:59:56 CDT 2008

-----Original Message-----
From: accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
[mailto:accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com] On Behalf Of Darren D
Sent: Tuesday, September 30, 2008 6:49 PM
To: 'Access Developers discussion and problem solving'
Subject: [AccessD] A2003: Disk or Network Error

Hi Team

Apologies if I have asked this before

I have a dB that speaks with the BE. That BE that sits on a machine here
used as
a file share/server (It's not running Server software - just XP)

Quite often I'll leave for the night with my Access app happily
displaying its
main page only to return to a zillion "Disk or Network Error" message
boxes in
the morning

Obviously some time during the night the FE and BE have lost contact
with each
other - not too big a deal but I have to click through all the error
messages -
there can be up to 50 of them

Then I have to re-boot the app - this is sometimes done un-gracefully
from the
task manager

Is there a way I can trap this error at a dB kind of level - not a form
level -
then I can gracefully shut the app or alert the user to graceful shut
the app?

I think I know the error message number - just not sure where to trap
for it

Many thanks

Darren