[AccessD] Visual Basic 2008 Express & VB.NET

Shamil Salakhetdinov shamil at smsconsulting.spb.ru
Sat Oct 4 02:03:56 CDT 2008

William,

I'd propose that to not collect dust, to preserve environment, to save one's
time from Internet browsing and to save some money one can use e-books these
days: good books (which are a few) unlike Internet usually serve for very
quick "jump-start" with guaranteed good final result.

For example, for ASP.NET programming such "jump-start with guaranteed good
final results book" is IMO:

ASP.NET 2.0 Website Programming: Problem - Design - Solution

http://www.amazon.com/ASP-NET-2-0-Website-Programming-Programmer/dp/07645846
42

That one helped me personally to program an advanced ASP.NET application
starting from a very basic level of ASP.NET programming experience. The
application I programmed has 50,000+ page hits some days with million+
records in some MS SQL 2005 back-end tables... (Well, as far as I see now
that's only the beginning of this story of advanced Internet applications
programming but without reading the referred above book I could have
ended-up in a disastrous solution without any future...)

Proposal: it would be useful if here we can collectively build a list of
"recommended to read books" and other sources and publish this list on
Access-D web site?

The above book is the one I'd recommend to put as the first one in "ASP.NET
recommended reading" list...

Thank you.

--
Shamil