[AccessD] Which Is Faster - DAO or db.Execute?

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Tue Oct 28 20:12:56 CDT 2008

I prefer the simplicity of db.Execute - you can do it in a *single* line of code.

I suspect that it would be faster in this case, but that's only a "gut feeling".

Do you need to do each of the 10-20 detail records separately or can you just put a
single "Update..Where" in the Invoice Header or Footer.  If you can then it would definitely be
quicker since you are only doing a single bulk update rather than opening and closing the table
for every detail record.